Sunday, February 06, 2005

Making Whoopie

Example

This is how I spent my Saturdy night... making whoppie pies. They are an incredible cookie from The Good Cookie cookbook. They are like homemade oreos on steroids...SO Good!! I should have taken a picture of the final product but alas...I was not that on the ball. I'm still getting used to the idea of documenting my life on the digital camera. Sometimes it still feels silly/weird. You can see here my Valentine's Day gift from Andrew from last year...a Kitchen Aid mixer. I love it! Mine is in the color Caviar which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. It's black with glitter which equals lots of fun.

Saturday also resulted in a trip back to my favorite antique mall to pick up some goodies I saw last Sunday and then dreamt about all week. I got this great enamelware tub for only $8.50! It has one rust spot in the bottom but I'm going to try and find some way to seal it. I want to use the tub for dying fabric...it's part of my grand plan to learn how to batik. I also purchased an electric skillet on ebay this week for melting my wax...but it hasn't arrived yet.

Example

The magazines are in the tub because I have been day dreaming constantly about how to decorate my friend Bob's new house. Crazy I know...because I'm not a designer and it's not my house...but what can I say...I like to dream. I think on Thursday when Steph is here I might show her some of my ideas and see what she thinks. The better idea would be to get my own house and decorate that but...who knows when that will happen. There was a house at the end of the street that Andrew and I really liked but it turns out they want like $320,000... a tad out of our price range!

Friday night we watched Garden State. It was really good! I recommend it. Last week we watched The Village which was also really good. It got terrible reviews but I thought it was a really good story, very well done.

In case anyone is curious I posted some pictures of the bags I sewed last summer. I had some ideas for new bags the other day...so maybe I'll get in the mood to start sewing again soon.

No comments: