Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Quilting and Knitting, Part Two

I came across the art work of Amy Thompson (via Tania) the other day. I really love her stuff. I sent her an email asking about material sources and copyright. Turns out she doesn't worry about copyright and she didn't mention where she gets her stuff. So I'm still at square one. I really want to work on some collages but I feel like I don't have enough materials. I'll have to work on that.

I also stumbled upon Lori Mason's quilts (via WeeWonderfuls). I really love her work too. Since I am working on my own quilt right now it was really inspiring. It made me feel like exploring quilting again. We will have to see how well I get through this first quilt I'm making. I was so frustrated yesterday I never wanted to see a quilt ever again! Andrew kept reminding me that it is ONLY my FIRST quilt. I should expect some hiccups...that's how you learn. Maybe I should find a quilting class? I'm curious about machine quilting because I definitely don't think I have the patience to do it by hand.

My friend Cate told me about a knitting store in town, called Knitorious. I'm excited to check it out because I've only found one other knitting store...and it wasn't that hip. Hopefully this one will deliver.

No comments: