Saturday, August 20, 2005

New 1/2 Bath

Well my week off between my old life and my new life certainly flew by and it certainly didn't feel like a vacation. I was in overdrive mode to do lots of house projects before our housewarming party on Friday.

My biggest accomplishment was working on the half bath downstairs. Unfortunately I forgot to take "before" pictures back when we first moved in!! I always remember about 20 minutes into the new project.... Oh well, trust me...it was ugly. Dark forest green ceiling and walls; gold fixtures; gold, hollywood lighting about 1 inch from the top of the 9 ft. ceiling; yuck, yuck, yuck.

Andrew's dad helped us with the fixtures last weekend and Thursday and Friday I worked on the painting.

I got my inspiration from the Weego Home logo.
Example

Taping took me 3-4 hours.....

Example

The color is on
Example


Taking the tape off...

Example

Touching up...
Example


The final result!!

Example

Example

6 comments:

CrabbyPants said...

It's awesome. We should charge admission to use it. Really. Nothing big - like a quarter or something - just enough to make you stop and notice that you are in for something special when you come to our house and utilize the facilities.

Not us though. We already paid to get in.

I really like the way it came out. I think we can draw the line where their old house became our new house.

Anonymous said...

The bathroom is excellent - and I like the idea of charging a quarter. Its just cool.....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Marty Flank said...

It looks great, but I would need something bigger when I come to visit. As you know, Andrew, I have two poop chutes.

Anonymous said...

I am just wondering what in your crazy mind makes you doubt your decision about interior design? The wall looks amazing. This one is from Kelly.