Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New Life: Part 3

Before Andrew and I got married we had a little pre-marriage counseling with Reverend Bob and I promised Andrew that after the wedding I would help cook more.

Two weeks ago was my first big night and I made a pesto pizza which was delicious! Last Tuesday I went crazy and tried risotto with asparagus and shrimp. Apparently I shouldn't have picked risotto because it is heavy on the labor side.... but it actually turned out quite excellent if I do say so myself.

Now I do realize that the ingredients I used for my last dinner were not local but I am having a hard enough time learning how to cook without restricting myself to certain ingredients. So for now I'm trying to be patient with the fact that I am not the ultimate earth friendly cook.

I just started reading The Omnivore's Dilemma to keep our new found food motivation going.

Also I wanted to let you all know that Andrew has started up a blog again... you can find it here,
http://www.slowdownandeat.com/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful! I love that you're eating locally, too We've been doing it awhile with the exception of bananas, and we love it!

Anonymous said...

Oh, oh - we're not doing that well. Empty nesters who eat out too much. I'm impressed!