Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Joint Compound

Wow...another week has flown by. I've been busy.

I've been spending most of my time smoothing out the walls of my office. They used to look like this

A horrible decorative/textured plaster job by someone that was obviously an amateur. Some spots were swirled, some flat, some just ugly. And for some awful reason the previous owner did a really bad paint job in this room with a grayish, off-white paint. It was as if they wanted to highlight the ugliness of these walls.

I really can't believe I've lived with it this way for two years. I've spent the last couple weeks covered in joint compound doing my best to smooth out the swirls. I just have to sand one more wall and I'm ready for paint, FINALLY!

This past weekend we were busy with lots of friends. Thursday was softball; Friday was dinner with Leigh and John to hear about their mountain biking vacation to Asheville; Saturday was outdoor movie night at Grand Center (we got to use our new table and the movie was Goonies!); Sunday we drove out to Augusta to hang out at a winery and a brewery with friends (not so fun in 100+ degree heat!)

I have two interviews this week. One for an unpaid internship and the other for what I hope is a full time job. Although the internship is unpaid...I will learn a lot and I can add it to my resume; AND it will keep me out of the house a couple days a week. PLEASE keep your fingers crossed that I don't need the internship and I get one of the jobs I'm waiting for...ever so patiently!

And a quick congrats to our friends Adam and Kelly who just purchased a new home, built in 1875, in the village of Fayetteville, NY. Adam was inspired by our 1907 home in St. Louis and our surrounding community of friends, parks, shops and restaurants. He wanted to find a similar community for his family. I can't wait to see it! I hear they have a tin ceiling in the living room.

No comments: