Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Della

Example

Della is not an outdoor cat. She is a very talkative indoor princess. (Seriously...Andrew used to have pink glitter pillows for her..) When we got back from walking Kula this evening Della was there to greet us...outside...on the second floor landing. Apparently the door had popped open, which has happened before, but Della has never ventured through the door before. Tonight was a different story.

See that shaved patch of hair on Della's leg? It's from the IV she had a couple weeks ago when she had "a dental" at the vet's office. She had a rotten tooth (so much for being a princess). Anyway the vet runs a bunch of test to make sure it is ok to give Della anthesia. Turns out her kidneys aren't working as good as they used to. So now Della is on prescription cat food. (Did I mention how every living being in this apartment is now on a prescription?) The prescription cat food is dry...Della is used to gravy. Now the rath of Della is overtaking the house. She keeps us up all hours of the night tickling our faces with her whiskers, stealing my pillow and humming in our ears.

Now she is apparently trying to move out of the apartment. I can only assume it is over the gravy. Andrew is ready to give in...but I'm trying to stay strong. We can't give in to her demands or she will never give up the gravy and the rest of her teeth will rot and fall out. Wish us luck...

In other news:
* the cute purple multi tweed shoes absolutely Killed! my feet at work today. It never fails...I try them on in the store and they feel great. I get them home and they feel awful! Why must it be so hard to wear cute shoes?!!!
* Congratulations to Bob and Steph who moved into their new house today. Andrew and I should be there in the next couple days to help carry items down the block.
* Saturday evening Andrew and I attended our first Trivia night fundraiser. These events are HUGE in the midwest and I can't believe I've lived here for 7 years and never attended one. It actually turned out to be a lot of fun and it was all for a good cause.

No comments: