Monday, January 10, 2005

Missouri Loves Company

Missouri luvs Company

With the new year and this new blog it is hard not to reflect on where I've been and where I'm going. Looking through the old blog it would appear that this all started way back on February 5, 2003. It's almost been 2 years! The bad news is my first few blogs were short, boring and lame. The good news is I think I've come a long way. I hope some of my faithful readers agree.

As I started to think about when this crazy adventure began I also started to think about why this crazy adventure began.

I think I was drawn to starting this blog because "misery loves company". (or as my t-shirt says above..."Missouri loves company" haha =). I love that Illinois is holding a piece of pizza. lol ) Now some may think that the phrase "misery loves company" is a pretty depressing, negative way to look at things. But I look at it from another perspective. What it really means is "individuals trying to live their best life seeking inspiration from others going through the same experiences." This is why I started a blog. I read many blogs... everyday... and I have been for probably 5 years now. I read these blogs to be inspired. I read these blogs so I can know that I am not the only one out there feeling lost, in a creative rut, searching for a better career, a better life. I read blogs to keep my dreams alive, to learn, to grow, to think, to be challenged.

Writing a blog helps me be creative. It forces me to think in new ways; to think of creative things to say; to get out there and live and then come back and share it with the world. I don't really think that my blog is necessarily inspiring anyone out there yet... but maybe someday it will. Maybe someday a young girl as lost and confused as I am will read my words and it will help her find her own path.

I am still searching for my path but my little blog community actually helps me to remember to live in the moment and to enjoy the journey. For this I am grateful.

No comments: