Monday, January 24, 2005

It's never too late to learn about fashion

Example

Fashion blog night. I've gone cashmere crazy! Andrew got me a black cashmere turtleneck for Christmas and this weekend I bought myself three more cashmere sweaters. Mostly because there were some really good clearance sales...but also because I am in love with cashmere!

Example

I also got my first pair of "kitten" heels tonight! I am very excited. Actually this is also related to Andrew and Christmas because he got me a pair of Steve Madden shoes but they were too big so I had an I.O.U. for another pair of shoes. These new ones are also Steve Madden in purple-multi tweed. Not really what I would usually look at but when I tried them on they looked super cute. I think it is so sad that it has taken me 30 years to appreciate what a big difference shoes can have on an outfit. No wonder so many women have shoe fetishes. The kitten heels don't work so well on the carpet in the house....but hopefully they will look smashing at work!

See watching all those episodes of America's Next Top Model, Project Runway and What Not to Wear have actually been worth while. I'm learning how to dress myself. I'll post visuals as soon as I can.

No comments: