Sunday, January 30, 2005

What about Bob?

Example

Saturday was spent visiting with my good friend Bob and his wife Stephanie (I was in their wedding back in October.) They just bought their first house! Andrew and I showed up with a castiron tea pot and some floursack tea towels for their new home and then helped them unpack their kitchen. The house was great (as most in that neighborhood are) it was big, old and had lots of character.

Example

Bob and Steph are the third in our cirlce of friends to move into this neighborhood. I must admit it is hard to not think about moving to that neighborhood too. I drove there Friday night and Saturday morning to be with my friends. It's about 15-20 minutes from where I live in the 'burbs'. The problem is that it's a little more city than I like... some of our friends have had their cars stolen (more than once) and one friend was mugged. It's just not the kind of place I can think about walking Kula in the dark without feeling pretty nervous. The neighborhood does have good points. A great park, a main street of restaurants and shops, the Missouri Botanical Garden and you can get a really BIG house for a good price. Well for now I guess I will live vicariously through my friends.

For fun I wanted to show you how Bob has changed over the last year..... Feb 2004 Bob abandoned me in Corporate America. He is now living the life we all dream of...selling used books on Amazon and...just enjoying life. I think the difference in spirit is obvious. See below.

Example

No comments: