Sorry everyone! I know you are dying for pictures but the cableman stood Andrew up yesterday. =( He isn't coming back until Saturday! Actually....I'm already getting used to not having the TV around...and I kind of like it. =)
Yesterday the security system was set up and the fridge was finally hooked up with water! Now Andrew has all the filtered water in the fridge door that he could possibly want.
If you happen to be shopping for a house of your own soon....here are some things to ask yourself (especially if you are buying an older home.....(my "new" house is 97 years old)):
1. Do you like going up and down stairs?
2. Do you like closet space?
3. How many outlets are in each room and hallway?
4. Where are the light switches and what do they turn on?
5. How wide is the vanity sink in the bathroom?
6. Do you like having level floors?
These are all things I didn't think about when looking for a house but have become enormously bothersome to me in 3 short days.
Some things I enjoy that I didn't expect:
1. The large picture window in the living room.
2. The thought of having a living room without a TV
3. The fireplace mantle.
The house is still a disaster area. I have a feeling it is going to take quite awhile to get things organized. The lack of storage means having to be really creative and that takes time. We haven't even moved everything yet. Our pantry of food is still at the apartment!
Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures on Saturday. Until then send me good thoughts of fabulous organization and storage solutions.