Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Collage Wednesday

Example

Inspired by Amy's "Quilt Monday" I decide that maybe I should try having a "Collage Wednesday". If you hadn't noticed already I added a link over to the right called "collage". I've only added 2 so far but I have more I need to add. I think each week I will try and post a new image of a collage I have made and then add it to the gallery.

This is a piece I made back in 2001. I started making collages out of magazines about six years ago when I first moved to St. Louis Missouri. I LOVE magazines and since I'm CONSTANTLY flipping through magazines I just naturally started ripping out colors, textures and images that spoke to me and creating collages. I actually haven't worked on anything in probably a year but it is always in the back of my head. I have a HUGE box of magazine clippings just waiting to be mixed and matched, cut and pasted into beautiful new creations. I'm hoping "Collage Wednesday" will motivate me to start creating some new pieces. I hope you enjoy seeing my work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny you should write about collages. I was thinking on my way to work this morning that I should ask you to make a collage that I can hang on the wall behind my desk at work.